It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dynamic Multi-Select Lists

Robin Parker (32633738) | asked Mar 27 '12, 11:59 a.m.
Is it possible to set up dynamic multi-select lists?

e.g. If I have 'Item's 1, 2, 3 and 4 and 'Subitem's 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B ... 4D

I want to be able to select Items 1 and 3 and for the available Subitems to be 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 3A, 3B, 3C and 3D. I then want to be able to select multiple Subitems as well.

Can this be done?

This is for systems/subsystems affected by a defect, so I want to be able to select any number of systems and any number of subsystems, but only valid combinations. So I don't want a defect affecting System 1 and Subsystem 2A ..

Many Thanks,

Robin

4 answers

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Mar 29 '12, 11:10 p.m.
Yes, this is possible
In the eclipse client, navigate to Project Configuration - Configuration Data - Work Items - Attribute Customization.
Click on "Add" and give your dependency a name, select the Category as "Value Sets" and the Type and "Dependent Enumerations"
You then need to specify your Source Enumeration and Dependent Enumeration.

Hope this helps

Brad

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Oct 12 '12, 1:57 a.m.
Hi Brad,
               I tried a similar scenario.
Source: Enumeration
Target: medium string (multi-select list referring an enumeration)

Created a value-set between the 2 enumerations.

How to associate the value-set? Since string type does not have value-set enabled. Please advise

permanent link
Andrea Perniciano (33) | answered Jan 05 '13, 4:03 a.m.
Hi all,
I have the same kind of a problem, associating value sets to enumerations is easy, but unfortunatelly it isn't for enumeration lists.

should we go and modify the xml sorce ? and if yes, how ?

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 06 '13, 7:14 a.m.
you cannot have multi-select and dependent at the same time (unfortunately). We need the same thing for the same reason..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.