It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirements Filter is not filtering

Frank Sullivan (5646) | asked Mar 23 '12, 1:58 p.m.
I am having a problem with RQM not filtering the requirements properly. When I try to add a new requirement and type in the filter box it acts like it's going to filter, but just ends up displaying the exact same list of requirements unfiltered. What could be causing this?

I am also having a problem where the views that I create in Req. Pro do not show up in the requirement expando in RQM. Everything else is displaying properly.

I tried searching but was unable to find anything that helped

Thanks in advanced for your help 8)

9 answers

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered Mar 26 '12, 4:05 p.m.
Anyone have anything worth trying?

I saw somewhere about using the char "-" in your requirements can cause problem, but I am not using that character.

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Mar 27 '12, 12:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi heuristic,

Which RQM version are you using? are you saying this problem only happens for the requirement with "-"? thanks.

Best Regards,
Scarlett

I saw somewhere about using the char "-" in your requirements can cause problem, but I am not using that character.

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered Mar 27 '12, 1:08 p.m.
Hi heuristic,

Which RQM version are you using? are you saying this problem only happens for the requirement with "-"? thanks.

Best Regards,
Scarlett

I am using version 3.0.1.

The problem occurs in all requirements. I was saying that I saw somewhere that a "-" character can cause problems, but we are not using a "-" and I'm still having problems.

Essentially when I type something in the filter box, it goes to "loading" and then returns every requirement again

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Mar 27 '12, 10:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi heuristic,

Which requirement provider are you using? RequisitePro, DOORs or Rational Requirement Composier (RRC)?

We do not support query RRC requirement.

Thanks,
Scarlett

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered Mar 28 '12, 1:07 p.m.
Hi heuristic,

Which requirement provider are you using? RequisitePro, DOORs or Rational Requirement Composier (RRC)?

We do not support query RRC requirement.

Thanks,
Scarlett

Req. Pro

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Mar 29 '12, 2:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
ReqPro fulltext search is not supported too. The external requirement is refer to DOORs (RQMI integration) and Caliber requirements.

I just created an enhancement request for ReqPro, fyi.
64810: Fulltext Search support for ReqPro Requirements
https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/64810

Thanks,
Scarlett

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered Mar 30 '12, 1:01 p.m.
ReqPro fulltext search is not supported too. The external requirement is refer to DOORs (RQMI integration) and Caliber requirements.

I just created an enhancement request for ReqPro, fyi.
64810: Fulltext Search support for ReqPro Requirements
https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/64810

Thanks,
Scarlett

Thanks Scarlett! I subscribed. The client is really looking to use this functionality so it will be great once that gets done...

Also, on the top of your head, do you know what determines if a view created in Req. Pro shows up in RQM? For some reason the custom views are showing up in our Playground environment, but not our development environment

permanent link
Scarlett Li (20149) | answered Mar 31 '12, 1:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1 possibility is the type filter setting for the project in the 2 enviroment is differ. please refer to step #6 for more information about type filtering.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_connect_rqm_reqpro_projs.html

Best Regards,
Scarlett

Thanks Scarlett! I subscribed. The client is really looking to use this functionality so it will be great once that gets done...

Also, on the top of your head, do you know what determines if a view created in Req. Pro shows up in RQM? For some reason the custom views are showing up in our Playground environment, but not our development environment

permanent link
Frank Sullivan (5646) | answered Apr 02 '12, 6:30 p.m.
1 possibility is the type filter setting for the project in the 2 enviroment is differ. please refer to step #6 for more information about type filtering.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_connect_rqm_reqpro_projs.html

Best Regards,
Scarlett

That fixed it, thanks 8)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.