It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Approval Presentations in Work Item

Muktar Mohammed (1311924) | asked Mar 20 '12, 12:33 p.m.
Hello there,

I'm new to RTC and this is my first post on this forum.

I've created a new work item type and customized the UI as need.
Although there is the standard 'Approvals' tab, I like to distribute the approval process into multiple tabs. The approvers will be different from one tab to another, so each "Approval Container" will need to maintain a distinct list.

So far I've been able to add the "Approval Container" to each tab, but when I add an approver to one of the tab, it automatically applies that to all other "Approval Containers" in other tabs.

I've made sure the ids for each "Approval Containers" is distinct.

What am I doing wrong?
Is what I'm trying to do even possible?

I appreciate any assistance in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 21 '12, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

as far as I am aware, there is not specific external attribute type for approvals. This is implemented as a collection internally. So I think you can not create a new attribute and presentation for it. That is the reason why you would, if you duplicated the presentation see the same approvals in each presentation.

Comments
Muktar Mohammed commented Mar 21 '12, 12:11 p.m. | edited Jun 12 '12, 1:55 a.m.

Thank you for your response rschoon. I'm gonna have to find another way to address what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

Hi,

as far as I am aware, there is not specific external attribute type for approvals. This is implemented as a collection internally. So I think you can not create a new attribute and presentation for it. That is the reason why you would, if you duplicated the presentation see the same approvals in each presentation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.