It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any plans to update OSLC workshop?

Timur Markunin (6495164145) | asked Jun 14 '12, 7:30 a.m.
I would like to know if there are any plans to update OSLC workshop to support CLM4, new RTC client and Tomcat 7?

-thanks in advance

3 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 26 '12, 12:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Timur
I do have plans to update the OSLC workshop on Jazz.net.  However, it is currently to add some information regarding the new folder support provided by RRC 4.0 via OSLC-RM.  The existing workshop (samples) is expected to work with CLM 2012.  I had to make one small update to Example04 in the rm.client package but otherwise all the samples should work.  Let me know if you find something that does not work.

Comments
Timur Markunin commented Jun 28 '12, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Rosa!

Last version doesn't work for me: Lab 1 - Step1.1 RTC V.4 crashes after installation of additional features from Eclipse Galileo Repository

Rosa Naranjo commented Jun 28 '12, 12:32 p.m.

I will take a look and see what needs to change. I have to say that I was just running my existing OSLC workshop workspace in RTC v4 and ran the samples for RM which worked ok. Maybe there are some tweaks needed to the development environment to match the updates to the eclipse platform which is part of RTC v4. I will come back here and post what I find.

Rosa Naranjo commented Jun 28 '12, 1:42 p.m.

Timur I followed the instructions from Lab 1 and was able to add the eclipse Galileo WTP features to my RTC v4 eclipse client. Please review the instructions and try again carefully. It should work.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 18 '12, 6:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 19 '12, 1:27 p.m.
Hi,

aside from a lot of other deep technical OSLC sessions at Innovate 2012 there also was a one-day workshop on OSCL - WKSP 1875.
Attendants paid for it so I am not sure if the authors can / will update the free workshop with all the material in it. Your best bet for an updated workshop would probably be to either contact the authors about such plans or contact your local IBM tekkie and ask if a workshop suiting your needs can be delivered as professional service.

That said, my gut feeling is there will be frequent updates on content in the Jazz library now that CLM 2012 is out and the developers can spend time writing articles and updating workshops :-)

- Arne

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Nov 20 '12, 11:44 a.m.
An updated OSLC workshop has now been published at https://jazz.net/library/article/635

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.