It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the RTC REST API returning the wrong modified date on my work item?

Robert Huet (23112684) | asked Jun 15 '17, 6:47 p.m.

I am using the RTC 6.0.2 REST API to return itemHistory records, but I've run across one work item where the modified dates don't correspond to what is shown in the "History" tab on the UI.  What's more, the itemHistory/modified and itemHistory/dayModified fields are off by a day.

I'm using the following REST QUERY:

For the most part, the data is spot on with what is shown in the History tab, but I've found this one work item that is off by a day.  What could be causing this?  Should I open a PMR?
Thanks,
Robert

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 18 '17, 5:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please report this as a bug.   
I have heard of a case where the GUI ignores "insignificant" changes, while the reporting system does not.   
In the bug report, please identify what changes are being shown by the REST service, but are not being shown in the GUI (or vice versa).

Cheers,
Geoff

Robert Huet selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Robert Huet commented Jun 20 '17, 4:03 p.m.

I believe I figured it out.  Looks like the changes returned by the REST API were to links, and the UI did not have the "Include Link History" option checked.  When I checked that option, these changes appeared in the UI.

One other answer

permanent link
Paul George (514) | answered Jun 16 '17, 12:11 p.m.

Are you sure other records aren't off? Something like this is usually because the server has it's time set differently.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.