It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Colleagues never received invitation to join my project

Pat Willard (111) | asked Mar 16 '12, 3:43 p.m.
When I started my my project in the sandbox, I entered email addresses of colleagues into the invitation wizard. However, the emails were never receive. I am not able to try again because the wizard does not allow me to enter those emails again. Please let me know what to do. :cry:

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 16 '12, 4:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since you posted this in the RRC forum I will answer assuming you are referring to RRC not other CLM applications.

Last I checked RRC didn't participate in the invitation wizard; it is (or was) there mainly for RTC and users of the work item system who have an Eclipse client.

To invite people to begin using RRC you can simply send them an email from your email client with a link to the project, for example: https://jazz.net/rm/web is our self host here on jazz.net (which you'll find is running very slowly today due to cluster testing).

Alternatively you can copy the link for a RRC view and send that to people. When they log in they will see a customized view displaying selected artifacts and their attributes.

Or if you want to send them an email from within RRC, you can open an RRC artifact, comment on it, and direct that comment to the new users. This assumes you have added them to the project and configured email as part of the admin setup. They will get an email with a link to that comment, which will also open the artifact.

If you have a "getting started" doc this would be a good artifact to point your users to. For example we have a "Guide to visitors" document. You can read about this and other tips in this article:

Usage Tips for Rational Requirements Composer 3.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.