It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM Custom Workflow

Samanwita Majumdar (5033940) | asked Mar 16 '12, 4:22 a.m.
I am trying to create a custom workflow for RAM (v 7.2.0.1)
I have made the configurations in RTC eclipse client, added the Work Items type and Category, created a new work flow and did the binding between the workflow and the and the type category.

The problem is even after I clear the cache and try to access RAM through this menu Administration -> Communities -> Lifecycle I am not able to see the newly added workflow.

Please help me understand if I am missing something in the process.

Thanks,
Samanwita

5 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 16 '12, 10:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

There are also several specific attributes which must be defined on your workitem type. It is totally unforgiving and must be followed exactly.

See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m1/topic/com.ibm.ram.web.doc/topics/t_rtc_create_lifecycle.html?resultof=%22workflow%22

permanent link
Samanwita Majumdar (5033940) | answered Mar 19 '12, 1:11 a.m.
Thanks Rich,

I have used the same URL that you provided for creating the workflow and also have the workitem types configured using the same documentation. Still not able to view it in RAM, is there any other specific thing that I need to concentrate.

Regards,
Samanwita

Hi,

There are also several specific attributes which must be defined on your workitem type. It is totally unforgiving and must be followed exactly.

See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m1/topic/com.ibm.ram.web.doc/topics/t_rtc_create_lifecycle.html?resultof=%22workflow%22

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 19 '12, 2:31 p.m.
You have your RAM using Enterprise Edition license right? Standard edition license doesn't allow custom workflows.

permanent link
Samanwita Majumdar (5033940) | answered Mar 19 '12, 11:51 p.m.
Yes I am using Enterprise Edition.

Thanks,
Samanwita

You have your RAM using Enterprise Edition license right? Standard edition license doesn't allow custom workflows.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 20 '12, 11:12 a.m.
Sorry, at this point I don't know what else could be causing it to not show.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.