It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enumerated Attributes (Multi-value) not being saved properly

Holt Adams (1645) | asked Mar 14 '12, 12:29 a.m.
I have an artifact with several attributes that are defined using enumerated data types where the attributes are defined to allow multiple values. I'm running into a problem where if I edit an attribute that has an enumerated data type that is defined to allow multiple values, and then save the changes using "Save All" control and then edit another attribute for the Artifact that my previous edits of the enumerated attribute (defined to allow multiple values) is set to an empty value. Its blank.

- Test Attribute 1 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3) allowing multiple values
- Test Attribute 2 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3) allowing multiple values
- Test Attribute 3 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3)
- Test Attribute 4 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3)

Set TA1 to Value1, Save All, results TA1="Value1", TA2="", TA3="", TA4=""
Set TA2 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2=Value3, TA3="", TA4=""
Set TA3 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4=""
Set TA4 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"
Set TA2 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="Value3", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"
Set TA1 to Value3, Save All results TA1="Value3", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"

Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I'm using Firefox 3.6 and have confirmed this also happens on newer version of Firefox and safari (that aren't supported)

Thanks, Holt

4 answers

permanent link
Holt Adams (1645) | answered Mar 14 '12, 12:44 a.m.
To clarify.....Multiple value attribute is to mean...Multi-select attribute where more than one value from the enumerated list can be selected.

Holt

I have an artifact with several attributes that are defined using enumerated data types where the attributes are defined to allow multiple values. I'm running into a problem where if I edit an attribute that has an enumerated data type that is defined to allow multiple values, and then save the changes using "Save All" control and then edit another attribute for the Artifact that my previous edits of the enumerated attribute (defined to allow multiple values) is set to an empty value. Its blank.

- Test Attribute 1 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3) allowing multiple values
- Test Attribute 2 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3) allowing multiple values
- Test Attribute 3 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3)
- Test Attribute 4 (data type of Value1, Value2, Value 3)

Set TA1 to Value1, Save All, results TA1="Value1", TA2="", TA3="", TA4=""
Set TA2 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2=Value3, TA3="", TA4=""
Set TA3 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4=""
Set TA4 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"
Set TA2 to Value3, Save All results TA1="", TA2="Value3", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"
Set TA1 to Value3, Save All results TA1="Value3", TA2="", TA3="Value3, TA4="Value3"

Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I'm using Firefox 3.6 and have confirmed this also happens on newer version of Firefox and safari (that aren't supported)

Thanks, Holt

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Mar 15 '12, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This sounds like a defect. if you can reproduce it, I would suggest opening a work item.

permanent link
Holt Adams (1645) | answered Mar 19 '12, 6:00 p.m.
I opened a PRM - Good news is that Rational Support too was able to reproduce the problem.

This sounds like a defect. if you can reproduce it, I would suggest opening a work item.

permanent link
Don Hoeksema (26167) | answered May 10 '12, 4:44 p.m.
I opened a PRM - Good news is that Rational Support too was able to reproduce the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.