It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rest API Data DIctionary for RRC?

Ken Dobbs (611) | asked Mar 17 '11, 9:35 a.m.
We are using RPE for custom reporting out of RRC sourcing the data via the Rest API xml. Is there a data dictionary out there anywhere that will define the relationship between the XML and the various data elements in RRC?

Many of them are intuitive (given the nature of XML), but others are more confusing (like the artifact links bing in traceability/incoming and the req links being in traceability/incoming/artifacts). I would think that IBM would have this documentation somewhere, and if not someone must have created it.

Of course I could always create some unique data then search the XML for that string, but that seems a little backwards (and a little time consuming). Just looking for a little help.
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 21 '11, 3:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are using RPE for custom reporting out of RRC sourcing the data via the Rest API xml. Is there a data dictionary out there anywhere that will define the relationship between the XML and the various data elements in RRC?

Many of them are intuitive (given the nature of XML), but others are more confusing (like the artifact links bing in traceability/incoming and the req links being in traceability/incoming/artifacts). I would think that IBM would have this documentation somewhere, and if not someone must have created it.

Of course I could always create some unique data then search the XML for that string, but that seems a little backwards (and a little time consuming). Just looking for a little help.
Thanks.

The only thing I am aware of what is written in the help

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/r_report_datasources.html

Also I wonder if any of the tutorials here might help (IBM developerworks ID is needed)

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/rpe/Examples%20and%20Tutorials

permanent link
Ken Dobbs (611) | answered Mar 22 '11, 9:26 a.m.
Thanks for that info. I had found that documentation, but it only identifies the XML streams that are available. I am looking for more of a data dictionary. Something that shows each data element in the XML and what or where it is pulling that data in RRC.

I know IBM has to have this information, since they created the XML stream. I just hoped that they had provided the documentation. And absent that, maybe someone else had developed a dictionary.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.