It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Word Exporter don't export literal values

Matthias Schippmann (634) | asked Mar 13 '12, 1:31 p.m.
I Use RQM WordExporter Add-On to export test cases from Word to RQM.

In cfg file I use this line:

testcase.category term="Teststufe".value="Funktionstest"

The export finished without errors and the test case created in RQM successfully but the category "Teststufe" in the test case is empty.

I checked in RQM: "Funktionstest" is part of the collection.

When I create an XML file with WordExporter, the category "Teststufe" is missing in the created XML file.

What's wrong???

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 13 '12, 11:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@de148162,
yes, it's not supported now, we have created an enhancement workitem 63957, and we plan to add the feature in RQM4.0 RC1.

I Use RQM WordExporter Add-On to export test cases from Word to RQM.

In cfg file I use this line:

testcase.category term="Teststufe".value="Funktionstest"

The export finished without errors and the test case created in RQM successfully but the category "Teststufe" in the test case is empty.

I checked in RQM: "Funktionstest" is part of the collection.

When I create an XML file with WordExporter, the category "Teststufe" is missing in the created XML file.

What's wrong???

permanent link
Matthias Schippmann (634) | answered Mar 15 '12, 2:03 a.m.
Hello Hao Wan,

thanks for your quick reply.

I'm not sure, that enhancement work item 63957 describes the same problem.

My problem: On export of test cases from MSWord to RQM the literal values inside the CFG file will be ignored, e.g
testcase.category term="Teststufe".value="MyLiteralValue"

The export of categories with relation to MSWord content works fine, for example, the following line works:
testscript.category term="Teststufe".value=Table(1).D2

Enhancement work item 63957 describes, that the export from artifact categories works never. But my problem is, that literal's in the CFG file will be ignored, either by assign to an artefact category or any other artifact attribute.

By the way: During the import process of 500 customer test cases to RQM I faces a couple of other problems with the RQM WordExporter. Are there a list of current known issues, because I have problems to use the search function of the JAZZ properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Matthias

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 15 '12, 3:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@de148162,
yes, previously we don't support category if you have defined self reference links such as testcase.dc:title=testscript:dc:title

Hello Hao Wan,

thanks for your quick reply.

I'm not sure, that enhancement work item 63957 describes the same problem.

My problem: On export of test cases from MSWord to RQM the literal values inside the CFG file will be ignored, e.g
testcase.category term="Teststufe".value="MyLiteralValue"

The export of categories with relation to MSWord content works fine, for example, the following line works:
testscript.category term="Teststufe".value=Table(1).D2

Enhancement work item 63957 describes, that the export from artifact categories works never. But my problem is, that literal's in the CFG file will be ignored, either by assign to an artefact category or any other artifact attribute.

By the way: During the import process of 500 customer test cases to RQM I faces a couple of other problems with the RQM WordExporter. Are there a list of current known issues, because I have problems to use the search function of the JAZZ properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Matthias

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.