It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Task board support customization?

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Mar 13 '12, 1:50 a.m.
Hi, I create the Iteration Plan and choose the task board view.
It is nice, but our story has other states, the task board only display 3 states "new, in progress, close". I want to show the "on testing" states in task board.
Is this support?

5 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Mar 13 '12, 5:15 a.m.
It is nice, but our story has other states, the task board only display 3 states "new, in progress, close". I want to show the "on testing" states in task board.
Is this support?

Hi
The task board does not represent the States but the Group
Each state of a workflow belongs to a Group.

I dont know if the creation of a new Group will automaticly be displayed on the task board. you need to try

erwin

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | answered Mar 13 '12, 10:37 a.m.
Thanks for your information erwin, I thought it is state, you reminder me. I will try group, and post the result here.

Is this support?

Hi
The task board does not represent the States but the Group
Each state of a workflow belongs to a Group.

I dont know if the creation of a new Group will automaticly be displayed on the task board. you need to try

erwin

permanent link
Chris Barlock (18814738) | answered Mar 13 '12, 11:03 a.m.
I created a custom sprint plan view, but it appears to be local to my RTC client. Is it possible to create a view that everyone on the team sees?

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 13 '12, 12:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I created a custom sprint plan view, but it appears to be local to my RTC client. Is it possible to create a view that everyone on the team sees?

Can you describe your steps to create and test the plan view?

I just created a copy of the Work Breakdown view (which I left named "Copy of Work Breakdown") and edited it some and saved it. I logged in as a different user on a different client and the view was there. This worked in both Eclipse and the Web UI.

permanent link
Chris Barlock (18814738) | answered Mar 13 '12, 3:04 p.m.
Oops! I didn't mean to usurp this thread with my new topic...However, your steps are the same as mine. I just asked another user to look -- and the changes are there. Seems like there is some delay between making a change and others seeing it. This happened to me when another user created some new work item categories. It was some minutes later when they popped up in my client (after a refresh, of course).

Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.