It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import and link new Test Case to existing test plan

Pierre-Luc Turcotte (4835) | asked Mar 08 '12, 4:45 p.m.
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to link and import test case and to have them link to existing test plan.

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 11 '12, 10:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi plturcotte,
if you are using Excel Importer
you can use the following syntax in config file

testplan.XLSArtifactID=B2 //B2 contains the existing internal id or external id
testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testcase.XLSStartRow=1
testcase.dc:title=A
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to link and import test case and to have them link to existing test plan.

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 21 '12, 12:33 p.m.

Hi Hao, I am also having same question. I am still not clear, what should be B2? When I had put it as 36 (test plan ID which I am able to see in 'View Test Plans' section of RQM) then I am getting two errors: "Error sending to server 36 of type testplan", "Error sending to server Requirement_Design of type testplan". I am using RQMExcelImporter version 1.0.4465.14983 on client network & can't upgrade it to current version.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Sep 23 '12, 11:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pierre-Luc Turcotte and Vivek Agarwal ,
in Excel Importer, we can use LinkExisting modifier to linking to existing test artifacts.
please refer to the
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMWordAndExcelWhatSNewIn40
and
As a User, I want to upload test cases via the Excel importer and link them to an existing test plan,and create testscript and link to existing testcase. (72480)

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 24 '12, 7:29 a.m.

Thanks Hao for this information. I'll follow up with my project infra team for updating Importer addin to v4.0.1. After that, I'll check if this is working fine for me.

Hao Wan commented Sep 24 '12, 8:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vivek, the feature will be contained in 4.0.1 M4 which will release later this month or begging of next month, FYI.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Mar 09 '12, 6:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi There,
Are you talking about Excel import tool to import the test case and at the same time specify link to existing test plan in RQM?

See Modifiers of data section for linking

Also See FAQ

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 21 '12, 12:52 p.m.

Hi Pramod, I have used following syntax: testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("36"). But an error is coming: "Found a value that reduced to "LinkExisting("36")", but was expecting a value equivalent to a column, cell, or a literal. I am using RQMExcelImporter version 1.0.4465.14983 on client network & can't upgrade it to current version. Please tell me where is the problem in the syntax.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.