It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Post-build delivery - Permissions Issue

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Mar 08 '12, 3:12 p.m.
Hi,

we intend to use a two-staged stream setup where only "good" builds would trigger a post build delivery from a development stream into a QA stream so a QA driver could be build for testing.

During the post-build deliver action we face the following permissions issue. What permission needs to be set on a team area basis to overcome this issue during post-build delivery?

Our setup is based on a distributed RTC 3.0.1.1 setup.

EDIT

If working with the same user ID interactively in an RTC client we won't face such permissions issue. I.e. we are able to deliver change sets.using this user ID from the DEV stream to the QA stream.

END EDIT

Regards
Daniel S. Haischt

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 21 minutes 45 seconds
2012-03-08 20:53:06 Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jdt.publishing"
Published 11 compile contribution(s) from directory of compile log files: XXXXXX
2012-03-08 20:53:16 Invoking post-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.autoDeliver"
2012-03-08 20:53:20 Delivering components...
com.ibm.team.repository.common.PermissionDeniedException: CRJAZ1319E Illegal read access: User "XXXXXX" attempted to read item(s) having the following type(s): Baseline
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.internalFetchItem(ItemManager.java:1600)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.access$1(ItemManager.java:1559)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$AbstractStore.retrieveItem(ItemManager.java:196)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager$CurrentStore.fetchItem(ItemManager.java:321)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.fetchCompleteItem(ItemManager.java:845)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.autoDeliverComponentsToTarget(SourceControlUtility.java:204)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.AutoDeliverPostBuildParticipant.postBuild(AutoDeliverPostBuildParticipant.java:193)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePostBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:906)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:663)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Comments
Rob Logie commented Oct 03 '12, 7:52 p.m.

I am getting the same error message that you had.  Did you ever get a solution to the problem ?

Thanks

Rob

Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Oct 04 '12, 4:26 a.m.

This is the Jazz.Net WI we had opened while working on the issue: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/210696

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | answered Oct 04 '12, 4:25 a.m.
Rob,

if I remember correct someone on our team had a repository workspace, that was non-public which was causing the deliver failure. After going through all workspaces to ensure they are public, the issue went away. Additionally we had private components which were only owned by a single team member instead of the team area or project area. After removing them the issue as well went away.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Oct 04 '12, 4:47 p.m.
 Hi
I have checked permissions on the build workspace, stream and component.  The workspace was scoped to the project area, the stream and component where owned by one of the teams that the build userID is a member of.
I changed the workspace to public and the owenership of the steam and component to the P/A level.
Unfortunately I am still getting the same error..

Any ideas what is going wrong ?

Thx

Rob

Comments
Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Oct 05 '12, 4:46 a.m.

Rob,

did you as well check repository workspaces of every member in your team? We had a team member creating private components as part of the repository workspace. Because these components were private and thus not yet shared with the project area and thus the team we ran into deliver issues. After deleting these private components from the repository workspace of that particular team member, the issue went away.

Rob Logie commented Oct 07 '12, 8:42 p.m.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.  For the repository work spaces to check for private components, is it all the repository work spaces in the project area (about 100)  or just workspaces on the stream I am working with ?

Thanks
Rob

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.