It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automating second-level profiling

Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | asked Mar 07 '12, 8:31 a.m.
I need to automate to second-level profiling of new RTC users.
Currently, we authenticate RTC users against Active Directory, and when a new user is added to AD (or added to RTC groups in AD), his RTC profile is created by the nightly synchronization task.
Anyway, this task can do nothing about second-level profiling: that is which project/team areas a user is a member of.
In our environment, we mapped each project/team area to an AD group, but there is no way to propagate these pieces of information in RTC.
So, we need to define a customized procedure.
How can that be achieved? By means of RTC APIs? Or is there a simpler way?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 08 '12, 2:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Luca,

there are several work items that request this kind of functionality. You might want to look them up and add your support.

I would use java to try to read the data from LDAP. Then enhance this using the Plain Java Client libraries to add the missing users to the team areas/projects. See https://jazz.net/library/article/784 as an entry point. The Plain Java Cliuent libraries provide snippets you could look into for a first impression. There isalso javadoc available for them.
Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Luca Martinucci (1.0k397112) | answered Mar 08 '12, 6:05 a.m.
Actually, I guessed that a plugin would have been the only possible solution.
Thanks for your advice, I will take a look at the document you suggested.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 08 '12, 6:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, I guessed that a plugin would have been the only possible solution.
Thanks for your advice, I will take a look at the document you suggested.

You could run this kind of external tool in a batch. A plug in would probably possible too. I prefer Plain Java Clients over plug ins, wherever possible. They are easier to deploy and maintain.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.