It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC Build for both windows and linux build

Yaron Norani (47267065) | asked Mar 06 '12, 4:55 a.m.
Hello,

We have set build engine + definition for our build.
The current status is that we have Linux and Windows compiling automatically every day if there is a change to the stream.
Those are 2 separate activities done now in RTC.

the next step is to call those two compilation from one place so we will have one build UUID ans snapshot for both system compilation.

What are our options to accomplish it.

Thanks,

Yaron

8 answers

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Mar 11 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hi,

Can you please relate to that issue?

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Mar 26 '12, 8:03 a.m.
Hi,

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Apr 18 '12, 6:44 a.m.
Hi,

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 18 '12, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Couldn't you just call both compilations from another build definition? You could check them into an SCM stream as well if you are looking to capture the data.

~Spencer

Hi,

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Apr 18 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hi,

Do you mean a third one that will call both of them?
currently I run 2 separate ones.

I would like that I will have one snapshot only that will be in use.
Currently each build runs and create a snapshot that may also be different that the other one.

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 18 '12, 9:56 a.m.
Ah I see, you are trying to consolidate the two builds into one. How is the build running now? Are there separate streams for the Linux and Windows code? The JBE is a bit limited in what it can do here. If there is a single stream, you may be able to join the two build scripts together by using a single script to call both. But if its separate streams, I don't know if it would be possible to continuously integrate a single build with two streams using JBE.

~Spencer

Hi,

Do you mean a third one that will call both of them?
currently I run 2 separate ones.

I would like that I will have one snapshot only that will be in use.
Currently each build runs and create a snapshot that may also be different that the other one.

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Apr 18 '12, 10:07 a.m.
Hi,

Same stream. Same code.
I have two JBE's - one Linux and other is windows.
Currently I run two separate builds.

My goal is to execute it from one place only and then it will be spited for those two environments.
At the end I would like to get a Fail/Pass based on the information gathered from both of them.

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 19 '12, 8:17 a.m.
Unfortunately there is nothing built into JBE to accomplish what you are trying to do. You will have to combine the two builds with a script that would call them both. You would have to pass the pass/fail codes up to the parent script to get a pass failure. If you are looking to get much more complicated, I would recommend taking a look at Build Forge.

~Spencer

Hi,

Same stream. Same code.
I have two JBE's - one Linux and other is windows.
Currently I run two separate builds.

My goal is to execute it from one place only and then it will be spited for those two environments.
At the end I would like to get a Fail/Pass based on the information gathered from both of them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.