It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC and RSA

behnam Tehrani (2678) | asked Mar 04 '12, 3:03 a.m.
Hi everybody,
I know that in RSA you can design use case models for requirement capture. My question is why should i use RRC to do that? what is the value added?

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 04 '12, 4:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi everybody,
I know that in RSA you can design use case models for requirement capture. My question is why should i use RRC to do that? what is the value added?

Hi

We need to consider the case where the analyst (who uses RRC) does not have access to RSA, or does not require other modelling beyond that provided by RRC.

If you have RSA, and use Design Manager to connect your RRC requirements and RSA models, then you don't need the Use Case models in RRC.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 04 '12, 5:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Adding to Anthony's answer:

If your analysts are familiar with UML modeling, need model types not provided by RRC, or are using RSA already, great. Use RSA.

If your analysts need a set of model editors designed to be simpler to understand and more focused on facilitating the requirements process (rather than the design process), and they want/need models more deeply related to textual requirements (native in the requirements tool/repository), then use RRC.

permanent link
behnam Tehrani (2678) | answered Mar 04 '12, 11:17 p.m.
Thanks. Both answers helped me a lot :D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.