It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 shows duplicated nodes in Team artifacts view tab

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Mar 02 '12, 9:46 a.m.
I am using RTC 3.0.1 and I am getting a weird behavior. When I login and select a Project Area, the Team artifacts view tab shows a duplicated node for each Project Area selected. When I click over the project node and select Open, the Project Area view is opened properly. Then if I repeat the same process over the other node the Project Area view is not duplicated.
Any idea how to fix this issue?
Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 02 '12, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC 3.0.1 and I am getting a weird behavior. When I login and select a Project Area, the Team artifacts view tab shows a duplicated node for each Project Area selected. When I click over the project node and select Open, the Project Area view is opened properly. Then if I repeat the same process over the other node the Project Area view is not duplicated.
Thanks.
Are you logged in to more than one repository?

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Mar 05 '12, 9:29 a.m.
No. I am logged in only one workspace.
When comparing the 2 interfaces I could get some interesting results.
When using RTC 3.0.1, when I login and select my project area, the Team artifacts interface shows 2 duplicate nodes pointing to the same current server and both nodes are opened.
When using Jazz for Visual Studio, when I login and select the same project area, the Team artifacts interface tab shows 2 nodes but one is opened and pointing to current server and the other is closed and pointing to the old server. So, looks like this feature on Jazz for Visual Studio works better than the same feature on RTC 3.0.1.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Are you logged in to more than one repository?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 05 '12, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you elaborate more about this old/new server switching? It sounds like you've connected to two repositories at some point or have been switching between repositories that have the same repository ID.

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Mar 05 '12, 1:24 p.m.
I did a migration from 2.x to 3.0.1. Now the connection to the old server was disabled so I cannot use the old repository. But the old connection is still configured and when I connect to project area on the new server, only the new connection is open (that is correct). But when I use RTC 3.0.1 IDE I get 2 nodes regarding to the new server (weird). Looks like RCT IDE cannot handle the 2 configured connections properly.
Thanks.

Can you elaborate more about this old/new server switching? It sounds like you've connected to two repositories at some point or have been switching between repositories that have the same repository ID.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 05 '12, 1:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you migrated the server, it will have the same repository ID. It is confused about the project area connection since both are connections to the same server. I recommend either using a new workspace or disconnecting from your project areas and reconnecting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.