It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LINK_TYPE in LINKS table of COMMON snapshot

Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | asked May 09 '11, 9:05 a.m.
Hi all

I am currently working on developing custom BIRT reports and found this article by Tim as a big boon to report developers.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/creatingcustomreportswithbirtandrtc-part1/index.html

I learnt that its possible to fetch child records in BIRT reports by using LINK_TYPE column in LINKS table of COMMON snapshot. From the article I know we can use the 'com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem' for fetching childred WI. What are the other relationships that can be pulled out using the LINK_TYPE column?

Regards
Vinay Kv Anmaruthai

One answer

permanent link
Timothy McMackin (153106) | answered May 09 '11, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What are the other relationships that can be pulled out using the LINK_TYPE column?i

Glad that you found the articles helpful. I had a look in the plugin com.ibm.team.workitem.common in the file plugin.xml. This file lists the extensions to com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes, which define the types of links. Here is what I see in RTC 2.0.0.2:

com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedChangeManagement: Related Change Request
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.blocksTestExecutionRecord: Blocks Test Execution
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.affectsExecutionResult: Affects Test Execution
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.testedByTestCase: Tested By Test Case
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.implementsRequirement: Implements Requirement
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedworkitem: Related
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.duplicateworkitem: Duplicated By
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.copiedworkitem: Copied From
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.relatedartifact: Related Artifacts
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.attachment: Attachments
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.blocksworkitem: Blocks
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem: Parent
com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.textualReference: Mentions

Edit: There are more link types in RTC 3.0; you can look them up in the same place: in the plugin.xml file of the plugin com.ibm.team.workitem.common.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.