It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC 3.0.1 - Importing Artifact Templates

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Feb 28 '12, 7:20 p.m.
Hi,

Newbie question here on using artifact templates..

User created artifact templates in a project.. When you create a new project or go to Manage LifeCycle projects on existing projects, or you can select to copy artifact templates from existing projects.. However, after selecting projects that you want to copy existing artifact templates from and saving the project properties, when you go to Artifact Templates, none of the templates from the other projects show up..

What are we missing?

Thank you!

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Mar 01 '12, 11:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can create a project template of a project that contains artifact templates by selecting "Include Artifact Templates" during the template creation. Once you create a project from that template, you can create artifacts from the artifact templates by creating an artifact and selecting the type. Once the type is selected, you will see available artifact templates associated with that type. If you have not yet selected the type in the artifact creation dialog, you will not see any templates. Hope it helps,

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Mar 02 '12, 11:26 a.m.
Thanks Ben,

I have passed your response along to the users.

I will update when I hear back from them

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.