It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing Dashboard Templates for Contributors

Ruchita Brajabasi (111) | asked Feb 24 '12, 4:16 a.m.
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a user specific dashboard. For example, a user in a Project Manager role should be able to see the dashboard that has been previously configured for project managers. The same should apply for other roles.

From what I understand, to be able to do that you need to configure the dashboard template in the process and the IBM infocentre link here ( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.dashboard.doc/topics/t_config_dashboard_templates.html ) supports that.
However I noticed that this description is for RTC 2.x. I am currently working with RTC 3.0.1.1 and I didn't see the option of "Add another template", neither did I see the predefined "contributor" template in the process, as is mentioned in the link.
I assume it was an intentional decision to remove that functionality. In that case how do you suggest I meet my requirement?
It'd be great if you could guide me to the valid reference material/posts.
Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Feb 28 '12, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are correct that we used to have the functionality you're after and you're also correct that we removed it.

It was removed in 3.0 due to architectural changes that invalidated the template contribution mechanisms. Namely, we moved personal dashboards to the JTS and it was no longer possible to contribute templates from fronting applications' process specifications.

We have made some progress in this area in 4.0, though we are not back to the same flexibility we used to have. In 4.0, templates are again contributed from the process specification on the fronting applications' projects. Users will be able to pick an application and a project when creating a new dashboards. Unfortunately, there will still be no support for multiple personal dashboard templates in a given project. This is something we would like to add post 4.0.

I have just opened a work item to track the progress:

198985: Allow multiple personal dashboard templates in a single project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.