It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC eclipse client - Option for opening plans

Pranam Codur (654) | asked Feb 22 '12, 6:49 a.m.
Hi

I am using RTC eclipse client 3.0.1.2
After logging in I tried viewing a plan. The pop up asked me to open it using web browser or eclipse client. By mistake I selected web browser and selected the check box to remember the decision.
Alas, now I am stuck. I can't change it. Tried searching preferences. No luck.
Can you pleasssseee help me?

Regards
Pranam :evil:

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Feb 22 '12, 11:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

After logging in I tried viewing a plan. The pop up asked me to open it using web browser or eclipse client. By mistake I selected web browser and selected the check box to remember the decision.

Regards

No need for the evil face, this is quite fixable. In RTC 4.0, there will be a Preference item for Planning that will allow you to change this. Okay, maybe slightly evil face since this wasn't already in there.

In the meantime, search your RTC/Eclipse workspace directory for com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs. There is a preference named "ask.planeditor.open.web" that decides whether or not to show that dialog and one named "planeditor.open.web" that specifies what you chose. You can remove them both (or just the first one) then restart your client and the dialog asking you to choose which plan view will return.

FTR, the web plan editor is the preferred one.

permanent link
Pranam Codur (654) | answered Feb 22 '12, 9:01 p.m.
Hi

Regards

No need for the evil face, this is quite fixable. In RTC 4.0, there will be a Preference item for Planning that will allow you to change this. Okay, maybe slightly evil face since this wasn't already in there.

In the meantime, search your RTC/Eclipse workspace directory for com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs. There is a preference named "ask.planeditor.open.web" that decides whether or not to show that dialog and one named "planeditor.open.web" that specifies what you chose. You can remove them both (or just the first one) then restart your client and the dialog asking you to choose which plan view will return.

FTR, the web plan editor is the preferred one.

Thanks. Now a happy face :)

Comments
Gabriel Borges commented Jan 21 '13, 5:14 p.m.

I have the exact same issue, but I'm using RTC 4.0.0.1. I couldn't find the file, but found a directory in my workspace directory called com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui (located at .metadata/.plugins/) I don't know what to do to have this fixed and to use the internal web browser. Please help me.

Soham Deb Maiti commented Aug 21 '13, 8:03 a.m. | edited Aug 21 '13, 8:04 a.m.

@Gabriel Borges - Close RTC eclipse client. Please openĀ  "com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs" file located at ".metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime.settings" folder and make the following changes and restart the eclipse client. While opening plan it will ask again the editor to use.You need to make eclipse.preferences.version=0 and keep other thingsĀ  untouched. For me it worked. I have been using 4.0.3M3 version.

autosave=true
eclipse.preferences.version=0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.