It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting the build class path

Albin Joseph (403610) | asked Feb 21 '12, 6:58 a.m.
Hi,

I was trying to integrate WebSphere Commerce Build and Deploy tool with RTC. I have some questions on this.

1. Is there any way we can setup the build definition to invoke a batch file?

2. How do I specify the classpath when defining a new build definition? I tried to add a property classpath, but it did not work.

Thanks
-Albin

5 answers

permanent link
Jojie Valiente (3021417) | answered Feb 21 '12, 8:09 p.m.
Hi,

I just want to know if we can integrate RTC 3.0 iFix 1 with Rational Application Developer for Websphere v 6.0?

If no, what version of RADW we can integrate with RTC 3.0 iFix 1.

And also, if we will not be using RADW at all but instead use the eclipse client of RTC, is it possible to create an enterprise application in this eclipse client? I have this RTC 3.0 iFix 1 installed in my machine including the eclipse client, but it does not allow me to create a new enterprise application.

Your prompt reply is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Maja

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 22 '12, 7:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can use the command line tab on the build definition to call a batch.
In this case you can select to set build properties as environment variables.

In general you can pass the build properties like the Money that Matters example shows. Dependent on the build tool I think there are different ways on how to set the classpath. I had to pass the value as parameter in RTC2 to call a batch, This should no longer be necessary. I am not sure how to set the classpath in ANT.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 22 '12, 8:01 a.m.
Hi,

I just want to know if we can integrate RTC 3.0 iFix 1 with Rational Application Developer for Websphere v 6.0?

If no, what version of RADW we can integrate with RTC 3.0 iFix 1.

And also, if we will not be using RADW at all but instead use the eclipse client of RTC, is it possible to create an enterprise application in this eclipse client? I have this RTC 3.0 iFix 1 installed in my machine including the eclipse client, but it does not allow me to create a new enterprise application.

Your prompt reply is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Maja

Hi,

I found this post: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22054&view=next

You have to check the eclipse version of your environment if that is supported with the version of RTC. You can find that info on the system requirements on the getting started page of the download page. For 3.0 it is https://jazz.net/library/article/496.

RTC 3.0 supports Eclipse 3.5/3.6. RAD is now on version 8.x which is compatible with RTC 3.x as far as I know.

You could run both tools side by side, but the special features you require to create and develop enterprise applications are only in RAD.

If you run side by side you can import the projects under source control into RAD and develop there. You have to refresh in RTC manually which will pick up changes you can check into SCM then.

permanent link
Albin Joseph (403610) | answered Mar 06 '12, 1:32 a.m.
Hi,

you can use the command line tab on the build definition to call a batch.
In this case you can select to set build properties as environment variables.

In general you can pass the build properties like the Money that Matters example shows. Dependent on the build tool I think there are different ways on how to set the classpath. I had to pass the value as parameter in RTC2 to call a batch, This should no longer be necessary. I am not sure how to set the classpath in ANT.

Thank you so much for your reply. I couldn't find a command line tab on build definition. I am using RTC 2 with Jazz build Engine. How do I pass the value as parameter? Could you please provide me some more details on this? Please provide me the link for Money that matters example too. I did a search and did not get anything userful so far. Is there any way to set the classpath for Jazz Build Engine?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 06 '12, 2:40 a.m.
In RTC 2.x there is no money that matters sample. That comes with 3.x. There is the Junit example you can deploy from the eclipse client.

When creating the build definition, you can choose which type (e.g. commandline) of build you want and you can also in the Eclipse Build Definition Editor add capabilities e.g. Jazz SCM tab.

Sorry, but I don't have the examples for 2.x any longer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.