It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to upgrade RTC 2.0.0.2 from ifix5 to ifix7?

Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | asked Sep 22 '11, 2:17 p.m.
I see instructions for installing, but can't find instructions for upgrading from ifix5 to ifix7 (or even ifix6, for that matter). I need instructions for both client and server.

8 answers

permanent link
Sergio Deras (14613) | answered Sep 22 '11, 3:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi mshkolnik:

How did you install your iFix5 products? Did you install them with Installation Manager or did you get the zips?

You can start with our InfoCenter http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/c_upgrading.html

Regards.

I see instructions for installing, but can't find instructions for upgrading from ifix5 to ifix7 (or even ifix6, for that matter). I need instructions for both client and server.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Sep 22 '11, 4:24 p.m.
Thanks, but that link includes a lot of stuff that doesn't apply and nothing specific to the parameters of my question. It only mentions ifix3, and only in relation to activation keys. We already have 2.0.0.2 installed. I much prefer to have specific instructions rather than follow a piece from a larger generic instruction set that doesn't quite match and hope nothing goes wrong.

We installed into existing Eclipse Ganymede clients. This is required due to the Tibco tool stack that is also installed into Ganymede.

Questions right off the bat - do we need to install ifix6 before ifix7 or is it cumulative? Do we need to uninstall anything first? Can we install through Eclipse software updates or do we have to use IBM Installation Manager?

permanent link
Sergio Deras (14613) | answered Sep 22 '11, 4:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi:

Let me check if we have that specific information.

But you can update from iFix 5 to iFix 7. It is not necessary to uninstall things, but you will need to use the same method that you have used to install the iFix 5 version in order to update the software.

Thanks, but that link includes a lot of stuff that doesn't apply and nothing specific to the parameters of my question. It only mentions ifix3, and only in relation to activation keys. We already have 2.0.0.2 installed. I much prefer to have specific instructions rather than follow a piece from a larger generic instruction set that doesn't quite match and hope nothing goes wrong.

We installed into existing Eclipse Ganymede clients. This is required due to the Tibco tool stack that is also installed into Ganymede.

Questions right off the bat - do we need to install ifix6 before ifix7 or is it cumulative? Do we need to uninstall anything first? Can we install through Eclipse software updates or do we have to use IBM Installation Manager?

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Sep 22 '11, 5:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Questions right off the bat - do we need to install ifix6 before ifix7 or is it cumulative?
No , you can install ifix7 ontop ifix5 , they re cummulative

Do we need to uninstall anything first?
No

Can we install through Eclipse software updates or do we have to use IBM Installation Manager?
Use the same mecanism used to install 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.2iFix5

the link we have is this: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix7?p=upgrading
I suggest you use IIM, click upgrade it will list ifix7 and will upgrade the install you have

Ping us here is this does not work

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Sep 22 '11, 5:59 p.m.

Can we install through Eclipse software updates or do we have to use IBM Installation Manager?
Use the same mecanism used to install 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.2iFix5

We used this:

RTC-Client-p2Repository-2.0.0.2iFix5.zip

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Sep 22 '11, 6:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We used this:

Oh , I see
Sergio, we can use the same P2 file, extract and install on top ifix7 right ? there is no other doc or issue or uninstall, config etc etc , correct >

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Sep 23 '11, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We used this:

Oh , I see
Sergio, we can use the same P2 file, extract and install on top ifix7 right ? there is no other doc or issue or uninstall, config etc etc , correct >

afaik, you should be able to download the p2 install zip file for iFix7, extract to a directory, then use eclipse update to install from the directory. Please report back here if this does not work.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix7/RTC-ExpressC-Client-p2Repository-2.0.0.2iFix7.zip

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | answered Sep 26 '11, 6:51 p.m.
I get three types of messages when I attempt an update through Eclipse:

1. xxxxx Feature is already installed, so an update will be performed instead. (makes sense)
2. Cannot find a solution where both xxxxx and yyyyy are satisfied. (that doesn't sound good)
3. Unsatisfied dependency: xxxxx requiredCapability: yyyyy (that sounds even worse)

So, how can I fix this?

And another important question - can the server and clients be out of sync? If so, in which direction? (in other words, do we update the clients first, the server first, or must all be in sync on the same ifix?)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.