It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we query for values not existing in date fields?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Feb 17 '12, 12:19 p.m.
We have a Date field in one of our records and our PM would like to find all unresolved records that currently do not have the value filled in.

When I look at the options for Date fields in the queries it shows Exists but not something like "Does not Exist".

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a Date field in one of our records and our PM would like to find all unresolved records that currently do not have the value filled in.

When I look at the options for Date fields in the queries it shows Exists but not something like "Does not Exist".

With RTC 3.0.1.1 I just created a query in the eclipse client that runs against an attribute of type timestamp. The query editor provides me with a "unassgned" check box that works for me.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Feb 20 '12, 3:49 p.m.
Thanks Ralph. It does work well in the Eclipse client but when I viewed the query in the Web Client the condition for the timestamp field now says "is = 12/31/1969" rather than "is = 'Unassigned'".

Looks like the query doesn't translate to the Web Client even when created in the Eclipse client.

Is this a known issue?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 21 '12, 2:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

I have found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=157599

I was able to reproduce your symptom, except for me it shows 1/1/1970 which s the start time the date in milliseconds is based on (Java).

You might want to subscribe to the work item and support it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.