It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Time changeset was Delivered to a stream

Adam Coulthard (1322116) | asked Feb 15 '12, 5:54 a.m.
Hi,

We've been doing some extensions for RTC using the plain java classes and we have been looking to see whether we can find the date the changeset was delivered to a stream. We can find the date / time the changeset was modified / updated but it does not appear to be possible to work out the time it was delivered to the stream.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Adam

Comments
Chris Schaubach commented Jun 16 '12, 12:07 p.m. | edited Jun 16 '12, 12:26 p.m.

I am also very very interested in knowing this answer! Sure, the creation date of a change set is kinda interesting, and more times than not, the date a change set is created is also the date that it is delivered. But really, it is the "delivered" date that is by far the most interesting and most needed. Is this stored some place? Or can I reasonably customized RTC to store and display the delivered date?

Evan Hughes commented Jun 16 '12, 12:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@schaubach If you're interested in the answer to this question, you should vote it up.

2 answers

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Jun 10 '14, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The relevant changes for this did not make it into the 5.0 release.

The plan item specifically for when a changeSet was delivered to a stream is 317112. These changes are in 5.0.1 Sprint 1 which should be available this week or next.

Regarding the API, if you use IWorkspaceConnection.changeHistory(component) to get a IChangeHistory object, then the IChangeHistory.recent, getHistoryDescriptor and getHistoryDescriptors methods should all return IChangeHistoryEntryChange objects with createdBy and creationDate values that indicate when and by whom the change was introduced to the stream or workspace corresponding to your IWorkspaceConnection.

Unfortunately we do not currently have API to get this information for a single changeSet, you will need to search in the  changeHistory results to find the entry corresponding to your changeSet.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Feb 15 '14, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazzers,

please have a look at plan item 295162 for the upcoming 5.0 release (timeline cp. RTC "What is happening" tab on jazz.net products). It child-links all enhancement requests such as ER 149096 which deal with showing delivery time in history. If this fits your bill, simply upgrade to 5.0 once it is out. Otherwise now would be a good time to comment, best in the discussion section of the plan item.

Please feel free to mark this as accepted answer if this indeed answers your question.

Thanks,
Arne

Comments
Adam Coulthard commented Feb 17 '14, 6:06 a.m.

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the link to the plan item, the piece I cannot see (and unfortunately I do not seem to be able to comment on the plan item) is whether it will be possible to obtain this information from the API.  We have some tools that would need access to this information via the Jazz API.

Thanks Adam

Arne Bister commented Feb 17 '14, 6:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I added a link to this discussion and your comment to the plan item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.