It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a Table within a Work Item

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Mar 26 '13, 10:26 a.m.
We have an OTB Timesheet for RTC that comes with several of the process templates - however, its not configurable.

Does anybody know how that functionality can be duplicated as such to create a tailored table within a work item that we can add rows to when needed ?

If Rational can do it, there has to be a way for us to do it as well surely.

Please Help if you know how

Comments
Cliff Gardiner commented May 30 '13, 8:47 a.m.

We use a work item with a workflow behind it to replace a paper-based Change Control form, and I have also been trying to find a way to embed a Word table into an attribute, but with no luck.  This seems to be close to Karen's needs, and I would also be delighted to hear from anyone who knows how to do this.

Or is this enhancement request territory?  Can anyone comment?

Thanks -
Cliff

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Dec 20 '23, 2:44 a.m.
Karen Steele selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karen Steele commented Dec 20 '23, 6:18 a.m.

when is that likely to be published its long over due - I could have used it in RTC now for well over 10 years, versus having to duplicate fields multiple times to accommodate the same functionality.

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 30 '13, 12:59 p.m.
there is currently not a table data element type.

Comments
Karen Steele commented May 30 '13, 1:49 p.m.

Perhaps you can advise then what the "timesheet" feature uses .. I can use that if I can further configure it

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered May 30 '13, 1:49 p.m.
Perhaps you can advise then what the "timesheet" feature uses .. I can use that if I can further configure it

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 30 '13, 2:39 p.m.

I think the timesheet uses custom code, with a private structure. you would have to look at the source code to be sure.. but the project area Releases table is a similar special object.

if you place the mouse pointer over the timesheet table, and press Shift-Alt-F1 at the same time, you will get the Eclipse spy dialog, which will tell you what class in what plugin is presenting that UI.  then you can import that plugin as source from the plugins view(right click on a plugin name, import as source) and look at the source code

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.