It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we trigger build in TeamCity from RTC build defination?

Dashrath Kale (1542723) | asked Feb 14 '12, 3:36 a.m.
Hi

We have the requirement to trigger the build through RTC build definations to the TeamCity and this build will execute the following steps:

Fetch the source code from RTC.
Execute the Maven Build to create the required artifacts.
Publish build and Test (Junit) results back into the RTC.

Any help for RTC + TeamCity build is much appriciated.

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Feb 14 '12, 5:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

We have the requirement to trigger the build through RTC build definations to the TeamCity and this build will execute the following steps:

Fetch the source code from RTC.
Execute the Maven Build to create the required artifacts.
Publish build and Test (Junit) results back into the RTC.

Any help for RTC + TeamCity build is much appriciated.

Hi

It sounds like you have three problems to solve here:

1) Invoke TeamCity as the build tool

I don't know Teamcity - but can it be invoked from the commandline - that should be possible using the standard Jazz Build Engine to invoke a batch command.

2) Grab the source from RTC

Get TeamCity to invoke the RTC commandline tools to grab the source. You would need to tell TeamCity the location of the source so it can call the RTC commandline tools correctly.

3) Publish JUnit results back to RTC

RTC has a set of Ant scripts to do this. I am not sure if they could be called from a TeamCity build but it is worth trying.

I would be interested in hearing more about you are getting on with this - or if anyone else has more useful advice - as I am aware of at least one customer wanting to use RTC and TeamCity.

Last thought - have you asked TeamCity if they support RTC - and if not, why don't they support RTC?

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.