It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 - teamserver.properties - how to update password

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Jan 31 '11, 7:46 a.m.
The password for the user id that is in the teamserver.properties file that I use to connect to my DB2 database has expired. This happened to me before and I asked for a procedure on how to change without running the setup wizard and never got an answer.

So what is the procedure to change the password and get the repository server running again?

One answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Feb 06 '12, 3:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The password for the user id that is in the teamserver.properties file that I use to connect to my DB2 database has expired. This happened to me before and I asked for a procedure on how to change without running the setup wizard and never got an answer.

So what is the procedure to change the password and get the repository server running again?

From the web client go to "Server Administration" and choose "Database Connection"
The Data Warehouse is under "Server Administration" -> "Advanced Properties"

Comments
Morten Krøyer commented Jan 30 '13, 7:00 a.m.

I have sort of the same problem, but I'm in the middle of an upgrade (on a test environment) so I can't run the web-interface. Is there a way to put the new password directly in the teamserver.properties file?

Karl Weinert commented Jan 30 '13, 11:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Morten it should be fine to use an unencrypted password in the teamserver.properties file.  Just check the teamserver.properties file when you are finished to make sure it got encrypted again. If if didn't you can just update it using the Server Administration page after upgrade is complete. You might want to verify it didn't get saved in any of the teamserver backup files too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.