It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Estimation Section

Dennis Lopes da Silva (3633) | asked Feb 07 '12, 12:45 p.m.
Hello everybody,

I would like to understand in depth why customer should fill the overall test effort in the Test Estimation section of test case.

We are using RTC to plan our tasks and we have a real time insight of what is going on looking at the plans on RTC.

The information, from the understanding I get from InfoCenter, should be updated during the project to reflect the reality. The question I have here is:

Why should I update this field? This information feed some report or viewlet, or the information is just to have updated estimates registered on the Test Plan?

We are evaluating if this section should be part of our template and to have a safe decision is important to know what parts of the product are affected by the information I put on it.

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Telep (236) | answered Feb 07 '12, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think this online help page would be a good starting point:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/qm_c_using_exec_trend_report.html

Thanks

permanent link
Dennis Lopes da Silva (3633) | answered Feb 08 '12, 12:24 p.m.
Hi Christopher,

The topic of InfoCenter you posted is not related to Test Estimation, the topic is about Test Schedules. I already reviewed information on InfoCenter about Test Estimation, but the information there is not sufficient to explain why customer should update this section as I dont know how this information is used by RQM. I understand that this section is only to have a estimate on Test Plan, but this information is not used for nothing else. Customers sometime ask the need of having this section in TP.

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.