It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Syntax error while running RQM Copy utility for 3.0.1

Rhishikesh Patil (1311827) | asked Jul 13 '15, 8:14 a.m.
edited Jul 13 '15, 8:15 a.m.
 Hi, 

I am following https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility article to copy Test Cases from one project to another. Our CLM version is 3.0.1.

I used below command 

java -jar RQMCopyUtility.jar -s=https://v-itig137.persistent.co.in:9443/qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/JKE%20Banking%20%28Quality%20Management%29 -us=username -pws=pass -d=https://v-itig137.persistent.co.in:9443/qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/DemoAgile%20%28Quality%20Management%29 -l=importlog.txt

But i am getting error as:

Jul 13, 2015 5:32:07 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logInfo
INFO: Starting processing of artifact type: remotescript
INFO: Reading feed for artifact type: remotescript
INFO: Error received: 400, retry #: 0
Jul 13, 2015 5:32:10 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logInfo
INFO: Error received: 400, retry #: 1
Jul 13, 2015 5:32:13 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError
SEVERE: General REST Exception: RestException executing: GET Artifact Feed, RC: 400, message: <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/5.5.30 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 400 - </h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect ().</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.30</h3></body></html>

Could you please assist what could be the syntax error in the query. if username and pass to be added in quotes single or double?
Also let me know if using this utility can be used to copy test cases from 3.0.1 to 5.0? The example above tried is between two 3.0.1 version projects.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Rhishikesh Patil

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jul 13 '15, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some observations based on the syntax

You are not just copying Test Cases, you copying the entire set of artifacts (supported by the copy utility ) from one Project Area to another. If you only want to copy Test Cases, you need to specify that.

Also, it seems you are copying to two project areas on the same server; if all you want to do is copy Test Cases (within the same server) you can use the bulk duplicate functionality within GUI

As far as the error goes, I would take a look at the QM log (within the same timeframe of the utility being run) and see if there are any errors

Your second question

Also let me know if using this utility can be used to copy test cases from 3.0.1 to 5.0? The example above tried is between two 3.0.1 version projects.

No, you cannot copy assets different server versions, this is not supported

Rhishikesh Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rhishikesh Patil commented Jul 14 '15, 8:04 a.m. | edited Jul 14 '15, 8:04 a.m.

After adding destination user id and passwd it executed sucessfully. Thanks for your help ;)

Rhishikesh Patil commented Jul 14 '15, 8:14 a.m.

Hi, Could you please assist me if there are any workarounds to copy test cases between different server versions?

Ara Masrof commented Jul 14 '15, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately, there is no way to copy test assets across different versions of RQM; in order to perform this operation they to servers must be at the same major 

Thanks 

Rhishikesh Patil commented Jul 16 '15, 1:06 a.m. | edited Jul 16 '15, 1:06 a.m.

I was able to copy Test cases from RQM 3.0.1 to RQM 5.0 using RQM Copy Utility 3.0.1.1 ;).

Ara Masrof commented Jul 16 '15, 7:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rhishikesh,
Regarding your last comment, if you are saying you have copied assets from version 3.x to version 5.x, please understand you are at serious risk of data corruption. As noted in a earlier comment, this 'not' support due to model changes (amongst other things). I cannot stress enough the potential risk this will cause to your data

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.