It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and Build Forge Integration - Post-build Deliver problem

Marcelo Ancelmo (3111) | asked Feb 06 '12, 9:46 a.m.
retagged Feb 05 '14, 4:28 p.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)
Hi guys,

I have installed RTC 3.0.1.1, Build Forge 7.1.3 and JBE 3.0.1.1. Everything is configured and the builds are running ok.

The problem is, when I am creating a new RTC build definition and select the post build deliver option, it does not do the deliver on the stream, actually, it does not do any deliver at all. I can see on RTC that the snapshot of the workspace are created, but that is all.

On the build forge log execution for the accept and fetch from RTC (Calling .source JazzJBE), The following snippet can be seen:
[Jazz build engine] Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"

[Jazz build engine] CRRTC3507W: Warning: No engine participant found for post_build configuration element "Post-build Deliver"

This log only appears when the post build deliver option is selected for the build definition.

Also, if I call the com.ibm.team.build.autoDeliver participant for this build on any build step after the accept and fetch, the deliver to the stream occurs without any problem

Is this some bug on the build definition creation? Should I continue to call the autoDeliver participant at the time I wish the deliver to stream?

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa Ancelmo

9 answers

permanent link
Gregory Butt (611) | answered Feb 23 '12, 10:24 p.m.
I have the same issue.

Same setup, except without BuildForge. With one small difference: My post-build deliver worked when I had a CI build deliver changes to an integration stream, and then I had my Integration build do a post-build deliver back to the Dev stream.

It seems this issue is only duplicable when you try to do a post-build deliver back to the same stream.

permanent link
Marcelo Ancelmo (3111) | answered Feb 24 '12, 5:15 a.m.
I have the same issue.

Same setup, except without BuildForge. With one small difference: My post-build deliver worked when I had a CI build deliver changes to an integration stream, and then I had my Integration build do a post-build deliver back to the Dev stream.

It seems this issue is only duplicable when you try to do a post-build deliver back to the same stream.

Hi Gregory,

Glad to hear that I'm not alone on this one.

About your observation, i have had this issue doing the deliver to the same stream, and also on a different stream.

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa Ancelmo

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 24 '12, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is the problem occuring with all build definitions? If even new build definitions have the problem I would open a ticket with support. I am not aware of a bug with build definitions in 3.0.1.1 that would cause the participant to not show up.

~Spencer

I have the same issue.

Hi Gregory,

About your observation, i have had this issue doing the deliver to the same stream, and also on a different stream.

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa Ancelmo

permanent link
Marcelo Ancelmo (3111) | answered Feb 24 '12, 12:29 p.m.
Hi Spencer,

I had the JBE 3.0.1.1 installed on a RHEL 5.4
For me, the log always appears when the build definition is created with the post-build deliver option checked.

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa Ancelmo

Is the problem occuring with all build definitions? If even new build definitions have the problem I would open a ticket with support. I am not aware of a bug with build definitions in 3.0.1.1 that would cause the participant to not show up.

~Spencer

I have the same issue.

Hi Gregory,

Regards,
Marcelo Sousa Ancelmo

permanent link
Ankit Gupta (1122) | answered Oct 08 '12, 3:17 a.m.
 Hi Guys, 
I am using RTC 3.0.1,JBE 3.0.1 and Build forge ....Everything is running ok...my build is successfull ,but  post build deliver option does not do the deliver on the stream, actually, it does not do any deliver at all and getting  follwing error: "Aborting post-build deliver. A build workspace must be provided"

please help...

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532426) | answered Jan 26 '13, 4:22 p.m.
 Did anybody ever figure out a good solution this problem? I'm getting the same message as the original poster with RTC 4.0.0 and Build Forge 7.1.3.3. Is there any special setup required for a Build Forge build definition to use the Post Build Deliver option? 

permanent link
Vijay sharma (1) | answered Jan 28 '13, 11:56 a.m.
 I have faced similar issue ..i have been using Buildforge integration for regular builds and use JBE builds for "Post Build deliver" opertion.

permanent link
Matt Wietlisbach (1145) | answered Aug 09 '13, 9:04 a.m.
I am facing the same issue.  RTC 4.0.1 on RHEL with BF 7.1.3.2.  We have a standard build in RTC integrated to a standard build in Build Forge.  Everything works fine accept the post build deliver step.  The error below is thrown in the first step when we source the JBE as well in the end when it tries to deliver.

CRRTC3507W: Warning: No engine participant found for post_build configuration element "Post-build Deliver".

This configuration works just fine without BF integration when build is done in RTC itself with the JBE.

What is the recommended solution?  Is this a defect?  Do I need to write a custom and target to perform the delivery?

This seems like something that should be working out of the box.

Matt

permanent link
Marcelo Ancelmo (3111) | answered Feb 05 '14, 10:03 a.m.
Just to get this answered, the approach of having an additional build step on Build Forge invoking the Post-build Delivery - Jazz Wiki

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.