It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

drop-down list order of "Planned For" attribute

akiko yamaguchi (6278) | asked Feb 06 '12, 5:19 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question.
What does it determine the display order of the drop-down list of "Planned For" attribute?

I've thought it is derived from the order of the timeline definition in the project area, but it seems not.
Also,the order displayed in "Choice of the iteration" View when I click more... is different from the original one in the project area.
The logic behind what is initially displayed in the drop-down list is discussed in the following forum topic, but I couldn't get the same behavior.

Planned For preferences?
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49580

the timeline definition in the project area
-release1.0
--requirement(finished)
--design(current)
--implementation
--testing
-backlog

the iterations are initially displayed in the drop-down list as follows
unassignment
requirement
->design
implementation
release 1.0
backlog
testing
more...

the all iterations order in "Choice of the iteration" View are presented as follows
-unassignment
-backlog
-release 1.0
--testing
--implementation
--design
--requirement

Is it possible to be displayed the same order as the timeline definition in the project area ?

Please help me! thank you!

One answer

permanent link
John S F Lander (901942) | answered May 29 '12, 11:58 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question.
What does it determine the display order of the drop-down list of "Planned For" attribute?

I've thought it is derived from the order of the timeline definition in the project area, but it seems not.
Also,the order displayed in "Choice of the iteration" View when I click more... is different from the original one in the project area.
The logic behind what is initially displayed in the drop-down list is discussed in the following forum topic, but I couldn't get the same behavior.

Planned For preferences?
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49580

the timeline definition in the project area
-release1.0
--requirement(finished)
--design(current)
--implementation
--testing
-backlog

the iterations are initially displayed in the drop-down list as follows
unassignment
requirement
->design
implementation
release 1.0
backlog
testing
more...

the all iterations order in "Choice of the iteration" View are presented as follows
-unassignment
-backlog
-release 1.0
--testing
--implementation
--design
--requirement

Is it possible to be displayed the same order as the timeline definition in the project area ?

Please help me! thank you!

yes I think this would be good, as no one has replied perhaps it should be raised as a enhancement request

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.