It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.2

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Jan 26 '12, 6:10 p.m.
Hi All,

We have one server with v3.0.1 that we are using until I can get a brand new box with a strong backend db set up for the user. When I started building the box, 3.0.1.1 was the latest available version.. Now that 3.0.1.2. is out, I am looking into upgrading the box. When I go through Passport Advantage login for Installation Manager and use the Update function, it recognizes that 3.0.1.2 is the latest version. However I cannot update in place as it is saying that the I have to have a brand new install and then use some tools to move my data from 3.0.1.1. Wow.. this is just a minor patch and all this work to upgrade a patch?? Has anyone done this patchjump? Is there a lot of benefit to all this effort?

Even when I was looknig at 3.0.1 to 3.0.1.1, it said that it needed to be a brand new install.. Why can't the upgrades be designed so that admins don't have to create new instances of the tools and migrate data?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 26 '12, 11:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
While I can't comment on why the upgrade cannot be done in place, it is very simple to perform the upgrade. You do not have to the database, but rather just need to move the old config files to the new installation and run a simple repotools command to update the database schema. There is a manual upgrade method where you copy the various config files/indicies manually and there is also a wrapper script where you can just point to the old and new application homes to have the script move the files for you. This topic covers the upgrade process.

As for the changes in the 3.0.1.2 release, this topic covers the "New and Noteworthy" changes at a high level, and you can also create a query on jazz.net showing all work items where "Planned For" "is part of" 3.0.1.2. RRC alone shows 138 work items alone, so you can see the changes across the rest of the products are significant and provides a significant benefit.

And as always, please feel free to contact support if you have any questions or problems with upgrading your environment. Thanks!

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Feb 07 '12, 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for the response. I apologize for the delay.. I hadn't set a watch on this topic..

I wish that the next releases of RRC can be done in place and we don't have to keep uninstalling and re-installing

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.