It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Domain migration

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Jan 19 '12, 4:08 p.m.
Hi

We are migrating from one domain name to another, e.g. from hsc to ontario. So all users are migration from hsc\<user_id> to ontario\<user_id>, as well as the AD server host name. No change in <user_id> and whatsoever.

So I changed all LDAP settings in WAS and RTC, from the hsc to ontario. What will happen to the users in RTC?

1. All users are already in RTC from the old domain.
2. It seems nightly sync job didn't create a duplication of users or create new users, since their user names are the same.
3. I can login with the password in the new domain. Can't login with users from hsc anymore. Things seems working fine.

What else I need to be aware of?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Jan 20 '12, 10:56 a.m.
https://jazz.net/library/article/479

There is such a tip in the above article. So in my case, the same users are already exist in RTC before migration. What does this line mean?

If users already exist before enabling LDAP, you can ensure that they are only updated and not duplicated if their userid matches that of the AD.

Thanks
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.