Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Starting a build engine on IBM i

I have been trying to figure out how to start a build engine on my IBM i system to connect to the build engine defined in RTC. I follow the instructions in the document but there does not appear to be a startup.qsh function in the build install directory (/QIBM/ProdData/RTC301/Build/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse) as the instructions say. I found information about using jbe.sh, which is in the directory. When I use that to start an engine it will start one for the default engine ID but as soon as I specify an engine ID the job ends with the message 'Only engines of type "Jazz Build Engine" can be used with the "-engineId" argument.' I thought I had a jazz build engine. I have not found any documentation telling me how to use jbe to start a 'jazz build engine'.

Any documentation you can point me to would be appreciated.

0 votes


Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details

Question asked: Jan 19 '12, 11:35 a.m.

Question was seen: 5,666 times

Last updated: Jan 19 '12, 11:35 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm