It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a detailed guide how SAFe templates from V.6.0.3 to V.6.0.4 should be updated?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1379102) | asked Sep 29 '17, 3:12 p.m.
edited Sep 29 '17, 3:12 p.m.

We have adapted SAFe 4.0 with V.6.0.3GA Templates.

Since then we made customization in the template and have now a variant of the SAFe 4.0GA templates.

I know there were bug fixes in the meantime (e.g. corrected scripts, enumerations etc.) and there are changes done in V.6.0.4 according news and noteworthy.
https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rtc/6.0.4/6.0.4/index.html#23

What I need is a detailed guide what I have to change in my process template to get all the changes from 6.0.4 and from all the bug fixes between. Note: most of the changes are not part of the upgrade scripts or an iFix and must be manually edited in the process template.

I have not found such a guide to upgrade the template from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4

Do you provide such a document anywhere?

regards
Guido

One answer

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (29157) | answered Sep 29 '17, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Guido,
I have to apologize, I have not yet formally documented the 6.0.3 > 6.0.4 SAFe template deltas in a concise way. I suppose since I'm including a list here, I may as well just do it :) The SAFe 4.5 Configuration Guidelines do include information about how to configure the 6.0.3 > 6.0.4 deltas (just combined with all of the other 4.5 changes). Here's the basic list, then you can look in those guidelines:

RTC:

• Fix issue with VSE and Program Epic "Approved" state, should be in Analysis State Group
  • Add permission to Release Train Engineer to update project areasĀ 
  • Add Stretch (Boolean) attribute to PI Objective
  • Add Learning Milestone work item type to Program level
  • Add MVP (Boolean) to Capability, Feature, Story

RDNG:

• Set initial values for the Capacity and Investment attributes in RDNG
  • Update descriptions for the Capacity and Investment attributes in RDNG (they used to be on Strategic Theme, they are now on Value Stream and Program)
  • Update preferred link types based on revised domain model
  • Add the Type Description hyperlink to content for RDNG artifacts, like we have for RTC work item types

Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.