It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk duplication of work items

Alan Petersen (1677) | asked Jan 17 '12, 8:37 a.m.
I need the ability to do bulk duplication of work items. The need is to create bulk copies for a software patch release. There are around 250 defects assigned to fix pack 5009 that have to be duplicated for patch 5103. has anyone found a way to do this?

2 answers

permanent link
Russell Norlund (17211724) | answered Jan 17 '12, 10:11 a.m.
I need the ability to do bulk duplication of work items. The need is to create bulk copies for a software patch release. There are around 250 defects assigned to fix pack 5009 that have to be duplicated for patch 5103. has anyone found a way to do this?

You could do a CSV export of the defects for Fix pack 5009. Within the CSV file you could reassign these defects to 5103 and then reimport the updated csv file to create the Work items.

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Jan 17 '12, 11:48 a.m.

You could also select your 250 Defects in 'Work Items' query view, right-click 'Create Work Item Template'.
Then from 'Work Items' menu in 'Team Artifacts' view, right-click and 'Create Work Items from Template ...' selecting the Template just created.
-->
This will create 250 new 'copy' Defects (you can select which 'Filed Against' and 'Planned For' you want)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.