It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we have multiple Oracle tablespaces for CCM?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Jan 16 '12, 2:50 p.m.
Hi

The following is the installation instruction for RTC 3. I created a JTS tablespace and CCM tablespace in Oracle for our RTC.

If you are installing all CLM applications, you must repeat the previous step 3 times to create a separate tablespace for JTS, CCM, and QM.

Now the DBA has a concern of putting all projects in one tablespace. Is there a way to have multiple tablespaces for CCM? Or shall I address his concern in other ways?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Jan 17 '12, 6:43 a.m.
An RTC instance can only be connected to a single tablespace/database so there is no way of doing this from an application layer.

The only way of having each project in it's own tablespace would be to have an individual instance of CCM for each project. Each of those CCM instances would then be connected to separate tablespaces/databases.

Hi

The following is the installation instruction for RTC 3. I created a JTS tablespace and CCM tablespace in Oracle for our RTC.

If you are installing all CLM applications, you must repeat the previous step 3 times to create a separate tablespace for JTS, CCM, and QM.

Now the DBA has a concern of putting all projects in one tablespace. Is there a way to have multiple tablespaces for CCM? Or shall I address his concern in other ways?

Thanks
Jirong

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.