It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new custom field not showing in existing work items

Scott Russell (4688) | asked Jan 10 '12, 9:04 a.m.
I've added a new custom field to work items that allows the specification of a Contributor. However, it does not show up in the Eclipse client for existing work items. It DOES show up on a browser client for existing work items with the value "Not Available". As soon as it's set to a "valid" value it will show up in the Eclipse client. Is there anyway to configure the Eclipse client to display the field when it's "Not Available"?

6 answers

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Jan 10 '12, 9:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you synched the WIs to make the existing ones pick up these changes?

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Scott Russell (4688) | answered Jan 10 '12, 10:43 a.m.

Regards,

Jorge.

Not sure I follow (so I guess the short answer is no :) ) Where does one do that? (I'm not getting hits on any Google searches) TIA

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 10 '12, 2:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Regards,

Jorge.

Not sure I follow (so I guess the short answer is no :) ) Where does one do that? (I'm not getting hits on any Google searches) TIA

Hi

Found this in Help:

To manually update existing work items with new or modified custom attributes:
Run a query so that the query results contain all the work items that you want to update.
(Note: Do not select any relationships to be shown in the query results. If relationships are shown, the Type icon is not displayed and you cannot complete these steps. To clear all relationships shown, in the Work Items view menu, select Relationships, click Deselect all, and then click OK.)

In the Work Items view, select the work items that you want to modify.
In the row of one of the selected work items, right-click the Type icon and select Synchronize attributes.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Scott Russell (4688) | answered Jan 10 '12, 3:45 p.m.

Regards,

Jorge.

Hi

Found this in Help:

To manually update existing work items with new or modified custom attributes:
Run a query so that the query results contain all the work items that you want to update.
(Note: Do not select any relationships to be shown in the query results. If relationships are shown, the Type icon is not displayed and you cannot complete these steps. To clear all relationships shown, in the Work Items view menu, select Relationships, click Deselect all, and then click OK.)

In the Work Items view, select the work items that you want to modify.
In the row of one of the selected work items, right-click the Type icon and select Synchronize attributes.

regards

anthony

Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!!

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Jan 10 '12, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Exactly, that's what I meant.

For other peope reference here I post a url with screenshots with the steps to take:

https://jazz.net/library/article/529/

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 10 '12, 6:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!!

No problem. I find the Help is really good - but with a Q like yours, I needed Jorge's explanation to find the answer for you :-)

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.