It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Licence to move components between rtc servers

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Mar 23 '16, 11:03 a.m.
Hello

I'm testing how to move/copy components between two RTC servers, because I need  to migrate to a new server with only the recent versions. Both servers are under the same JTS and sharing the same  version, 5.0.2. I activated the distributed SCM option on both servers.

When i try to add  components from RTC Server 1 to RTC server 2, I can't perform the operation
because I have no licences that supports cross-server operations.

My question is which  type of licences are needed because we have Developer floating and Developer
client access licences on the JTS that are working for both servers.

I have been looking  for information regarding this kind of licencing but without any luck.

I appreciate the feedback.

Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 23 '16, 11:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need a full RTC developer (or developer for Enterprise) license (floating or authorized) on each server. You must not have any developer for workgroup or 10 Free developer licenses installed, as these disable distributed SCM if mixed in. See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.1 for details - note 2 at the end.
Marinept Villalobos selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.