It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 - z/OS - Viewing build queue across repository

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Dec 14 '11, 11:10 a.m.
I Have been asked this question by a couple of customers and am always struggling for a good answer. If a customer has multiple RTC project areas and potentially a number of dependency build requests using one or more z/OS bfagents -

"How can I tell who the build is for, what it is doing and more so how many builds maybe queued up behind whatever is going on now."

Outside of using the web client to open each project area and go to the Build tab and look at the Build Queue or use the eclipse client in a similar way - I am not aware of another better way.

Is there a better way?

One answer

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Dec 14 '11, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
"How can I tell who the build is for"?
==> So giving a build result, you want to find out which build engine is handling this build request. In the build result view, select the view menu (the down arrow), select Columns, select Build Engine. The Build Engine column will display in the build result.

"What it is doing"?
The Activities of the build result should tell you what it has done and is doing.

"How many builds maybe queued up behind whatever is going on now"
In the Team Artifacts view, double click on the build engine. It shows you all of the current build requested being handled by this build engine.

I Have been asked this question by a couple of customers and am always struggling for a good answer. If a customer has multiple RTC project areas and potentially a number of dependency build requests using one or more z/OS bfagents -

"How can I tell who the build is for, what it is doing and more so how many builds maybe queued up behind whatever is going on now."

Outside of using the web client to open each project area and go to the Build tab and look at the Build Queue or use the eclipse client in a similar way - I am not aware of another better way.

Is there a better way?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.