It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse 3.7 - m2e plugin problem

Patrick Leyman (3044) | asked Jan 05 '12, 3:16 a.m.
Hi,

We're using Eclipse 3.7 (which has an embedded Maven plugin: m2e) and RTC 3.0.1.1.
There seems to be a problem when using the maven 'Update Project Configuration' and 'Update Dependencies' dialog. Eclipse is generating the following stacktrace when accessing either maven dialog:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI scheme is not "file"
at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.dialogs.UpdateDepenciesDialog.getMavenCodebases(UpdateDepenciesDialog.java:311)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.dialogs.UpdateDepenciesDialog.createDialogArea(UpdateDepenciesDialog.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TitleAreaDialog.createContents(TitleAreaDialog.java:155)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.actions.UpdateConfigurationAction.run(UpdateConfigurationAction.java:30)
A similar stacktrace exists for the 'Update Project Configuration' dialog with exactly the same error in the URI.

The problem occurs as soon as there is a RTC controlled project in your workspace. I added logging information in the UpdateDepenciesDialog class from m2e to figure out what is wrong. It seems that RTC (Jazz) has changed the URI's of the projects it has under its control, all URI's start with sourcecontrol://jazz/default/... Projects not managed by RTC start with file:/...

Can this be fixed or is there a viable workaround?
Thanks in advance,
Patrick

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 10 '12, 1:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick,

I would suggest to file a work item.

permanent link
Patrick Leyman (3044) | answered Jan 10 '12, 3:39 a.m.
Hi Patrick,

Thanks, I've created the following work item: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=190623

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 10 '12, 4:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick,

Thanks, I've created the following work item: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=190623

Patrick,

a colleague pointed me here
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=366652
and indicates to me there is a fix available. I can't share the jar I received since I don't knowits origin. I hope you get a fix soon.

permanent link
Antoine de Troostembergh (6) | answered Jan 11 '12, 12:45 p.m.
We actually did fix the problem by checking out the source code of the plugin, fixing it and recompiling it. We do not have the time to create regression tests so that the eclipse guys can integrate it in the official release of the plugin.

It also seems that in the future version of the plugin (version 1.1) the mechanism was completely rewritten. The class in which we did the fix does not exist anymore. When this version gets out we will have to redo the same operation. :P

Antoine

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.