It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we change the non-based-attribute "Workflow State" when a specific attribute value changes?

Abdelrahman Hassan (19322) | asked May 23 '18, 11:39 a.m.
I have a set of work items that have a Boolean attribute called "Service Line Approval". I want to change the value of "Workflow State" (which is a non-based-attribute) to "resolve" if the "Service Line Approval" is checked and the work item state was "New" or "In Progress".
I can't do that using a "Calculated Value" script as I can't find a way to work with the non-based-attribute "Workflow State".
Is there another way to do that or anyway to work with such kind of information within attribute customization scripts?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '18, 1:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 23 '18, 1:51 p.m.
No, you can not do that easily. The only way to do that i am aware of would be a server side work item save follow up action. There is no other way I am aware of. This would perform the transition automatically AFTER YOU SAVE.

Comments
Abdelrahman Hassan commented May 23 '18, 9:52 p.m.

Ralph, thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.