It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating build engines/definitions

Doug Verhun (75169) | asked Dec 23 '11, 10:38 a.m.
I'm sure this is something simple that I'm just not getting, but I'm not able to create build engines/definitions in Visual Studio (the option doesn't appear in the right click menu).

My client access licenses are the 'developer' and 'build' licences. I've granted my role full access to the 'build' permissions at both the 'Team Configuration' and 'Timeline' levels with no luck.

Any advice on what I'm missing?

Regards,
Doug

One answer

permanent link
Prabodh Mairh (3812) | answered Jan 02 '12, 1:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm sure this is something simple that I'm just not getting, but I'm not able to create build engines/definitions in Visual Studio (the option doesn't appear in the right click menu).

My client access licenses are the 'developer' and 'build' licences. I've granted my role full access to the 'build' permissions at both the 'Team Configuration' and 'Timeline' levels with no luck.

Any advice on what I'm missing?

Regards,
Doug

Hi Doug

Unfortunately the option to create a new build definition is not available yet in visual studio client. There is an enhancement request open for this : https://jazzdev.torolab.ibm.com:9443/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/116367

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.