It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Role Based Permission Issues in RQM

anoop mc (74811188221) | asked Dec 16 '11, 9:15 a.m.

In a Project Area there are roles like

Tester / Developer
TestManager/ Project Manager
End-Users

I got a request from the team to change the permission level for the individual users who are members of Tester / Developer Role, wherein they should be able to Create and Delete their own TestPlans,Requirements, Test Cases and Test Scripts (Created by themselves - they are the owners of that).But should be restricted from deleting these items created by other users.

Is this possible in RQM ?

I have checked on this and saw that we can restrict - Archiving a Test Plan,Case,Script,Removing a Section in TestPlan for a particular Role (in this case Tester / Developer Role).Let me know if anyone came across such a situation.

Regards
Anoop

One answer

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Dec 20 '11, 1:53 a.m.

In a Project Area there are roles like

Tester / Developer
TestManager/ Project Manager
End-Users

I got a request from the team to change the permission level for the individual users who are members of Tester / Developer Role, wherein they should be able to Create and Delete their own TestPlans,Requirements, Test Cases and Test Scripts (Created by themselves - they are the owners of that).But should be restricted from deleting these items created by other users.

Is this possible in RQM ?

I have checked on this and saw that we can restrict - Archiving a Test Plan,Case,Script,Removing a Section in TestPlan for a particular Role (in this case Tester / Developer Role).Let me know if anyone came across such a situation.

Regards
Anoop

I found a solution to this particular issue

Please follow the below steps

1.Connect to RQM Project Area using RTC Eclips client
Note: Here it is advisable to switch to Show All actions and Roles.

2. Navigate to Team Configuration > Select Permisions
3. On the Right Hand side under Save Work Item (Server) > Select Trigger a Workflow acion

Uncheck the option you do not want against different roles.

4. Click Save.

Since we are managing the users based on RQM Roles, I dont see an option to allow any paticular user to delete the items,created by him.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.