It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workspace loaded but no project in package explorer

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Nov 15 '11, 11:53 a.m.
Hi

I saw this many times. I loaded the workspace but the project was not shown in the Package Explorer.

1. When I tried to re-load it, it shows as "already loaded", I go ahead, "load the fold as project because it has a .project file in the root", but still nothing show up.

2. I tried to use File -> Import, or File -> New project pointing the sandbox location, but they are shown as not in source control.

In this case, how can I load the project into package explorer?

Thanks
Jirong

3 answers

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Nov 21 '11, 10:39 a.m.
I think I was able to fix each of them so far. The problem is the reason is not that obvious when this happens. It can be:

1. There is already a project with the same name. You are dead.
2. You used a wrong load option (load the comp root as project, etc, these options).
3. You picked a wrong root folder. The folder tree with checkbox, you need to know which one to check.
4. Something else.

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Andrew Wang (2154) | answered Nov 18 '11, 8:20 p.m.
Hi

I saw this many times. I loaded the workspace but the project was not shown in the Package Explorer.

1. When I tried to re-load it, it shows as "already loaded", I go ahead, "load the fold as project because it has a .project file in the root", but still nothing show up.

2. I tried to use File -> Import, or File -> New project pointing the sandbox location, but they are shown as not in source control.

Thanks
Jirong

Happens to me as well. Unload/load again usually takes care of it.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 19 '11, 9:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Thanks
Jirong

Hi Jirong,

Can you provide more details on how exactly you are performing the load? (performing a "Load" or "Load As", or Which exact options in the load wizard are you selecting? .. etc. )Also, could you give an example of the structure of the projects/files you are trying to load (is it hierarchical in some way with projects inside of projects? (It also might be better if you open up a work item and file it against "Source Control", and put as much information in as possible.)

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.