It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create the configuration file for storing the attributes of selected workItem ?

shweta ranaware (371751) | asked Oct 09 '15, 1:25 a.m.
 Hello,
 I want to create one configuration file which will include the all the workitem and related attributes of the within the  project.
 My questions are :
1)What is Configuration file ?
 2)How to create that configuration file ?
 3)How to access the attributes in that configuration file ?
 4)whether that configuration file is for project area or for the only particular project only?
  Please Help..Thanks. 

2 answers

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Oct 09 '15, 1:57 a.m.

1. It must be a Process Configuration.
2. It is created when you create a Project Area.
3. You can access the Process Configuration in RTC eclipse ( Open your Project Area properties > Click Process Configuration tab) 
4. Each Process Area has its own Process Configuration.

You can try this tutorial so it will help you understand.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.team.concert.nav.doc/topics/c_node_tutorials_work_item_customize.html?lang=en

Let me know if I am wrong to understand your questions.

Comments
shweta ranaware commented Oct 09 '15, 2:19 a.m.

Hi Taki,

Thanks for your reply...
  I want to know How to read that configuration files to access the attributes value using Client API. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 09 '15, 3:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Based on the content of your question, I would suggest to get started here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/

Since you don't express your requirements very well I can't provide any more detailed advice, but if you follow the post above, you will be directed to other posts that describe how to access work item attributes and how to find the ones available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.