It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email notification on delivery of changes

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Jan 31 '13, 6:19 p.m.

I was wondering if there was any chance an email notification can be setup when a user delivers something to the component. Yes I know there is email nofication on work items but wasn't seeing a way a user can subscribe to a component to be notified when changes happen either by someone delivering a changeset or a baseline.

jeff

Comments
Jeff Foege commented Feb 13 '13, 6:12 p.m. | edited Feb 14 '13, 8:39 a.m.

So what exactly is the Event Handling - Deliver Baselines for? Mine is unconfigured and I can't seem to change it. Is there something I can read to help me? I tried the help file but it just ended up talking about Operation Behavior and not Event Handling. Why is doing anything in RTC difficult?

The simple task of email notification on delivery should have been in from day 1, IMHO.

Tim Mok commented Feb 14 '13, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is the description for event handlers on the process configuration.

Configures the follow-up actions which will be executed when change events are generated on the server. Change events are generated in the scope of a team area. Teams can customize the event handling to behave differently for events generated for their team. The server checks for new change events at regular intervals and automatically executes the specified follow-up actions.
I don't think any event handlers are available out of the box. You can create your own though. If you really want out of the box support, I recommend going through your support channels so that this feature can be prioritized in future releases.

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 01 '13, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/214598

Email notification on delivery isn't currently supported. The work item above is asking for something similar. Although, this kind of functionality can be implemented as a follow-up action (operation participant). You can read more about how to create a custom participant in this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/758

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 01 '13, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could try to extend the advisor as described by Ralph Schoon in his excellent blog posting on Restrict Delivery of Changesets Associated to Wrong Work Item Types Advisor   You would need to modify the code shown in this blog post so that instead of checking the work item types associated with a changeset, you would just find out the components associated with a changeset.

That being said, I'm not sure about how you would control the email distribution list for the people associated with each component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.