It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems Opening DDS source in 'Repository Files' tab

Lionel Butler (3635) | asked Nov 14 '11, 9:30 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:03 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
I have recently installed RTC 3.0.1 at a site, and whenever I tried to Open File on some source (System i RPG/DDS/CL) from the 'Repository Files' tab, the following error was displayed:

Could not open the editor: an unexpected exception was thrown

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.etools.systems.editor.SystemTextEditor.createPartControl(Unknown Source)

Rational Clients installed:

RDp 8.0
RTC 3.0.1

I then upgraded RDp to version 8.0.3

I am now able to open all RPG/CL src without an error, but when I try and open the DDS I get a new message

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.editor.RemoteFileEditorInput incompatible with org.eclipse.ui.IFileEditorInput
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.dds.tui.editor.SdEditor.init(Unknown Source)

Updting the RTC Client to 3.0.1.1, did not resolve this error.

Any assist is appreciated

Lionel

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 24 '12, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

have you loaded the DDS source into your repository workspace or are you accessing it via e.g. component --> show repository files in a stream? My guess is that it needs to be loaded locally in the context of an iProject to display in the WYSIWYG editor for DDS in Rational Developer for Power.
If this is still an issue, please ping me a comment and I will test this within my local setup.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.