It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

*QRYDFN and *DTAARA in Power Systems

Richard Hebron (6078) | asked Mar 22 '11, 1:27 p.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 9:31 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Query definitions and data areas can be added to an i Project and delivered to the Jazz repository. When I ran a build, the query and data area were identified as part of the build but they were not pushed onto the i. On the i Project I did not find an option to push either one back down on to my sandbox library on the i.

Are query definitions and data areas supported by i Projects and RTC?

One answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Mar 28 '11, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Query definitions and data areas can be added to an i Project and delivered to the Jazz repository. When I ran a build, the query and data area were identified as part of the build but they were not pushed onto the i. On the i Project I did not find an option to push either one back down on to my sandbox library on the i.

Are query definitions and data areas supported by i Projects and RTC?

Yes, this is supported in RDp 8.0 and RTC 3.0.

To add binary objects like *DTAARA and *QRYDFN to your iProject, select the object in the Remote Systems view, right-click and "Add to i Project..."

You can push the binary object back to the IBMi server by selecting it in the i Projects Navigator view, right-clicking, and executing "Remote Actions->Push Selected". The object will be uploaded to the i Project's associated library.

If this i Project is then shared to Jazz Source Control, the binary object is also managed there, and can be extracted to a target library during a build.

Of course, the binary object can only be "edited" while it's on the IBMi server, not in the Eclipse workspace (e.g. you can't do CHGDTAARA on the *DTAARA while it is stored in your Windows client - you need to get it back to IBMi to change it). Also, comparing versions will produce illegible results.

-Sean-

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.